Myia McAllister

During her four years in high school, Myia McAllister has impacted many people as an Editor-In-Chief (EIC) for the school newspaper, a varsity tennis player, and through her online thrift store.

“She puts her entire heart into everything she does, and that’s reflected in her work,” junior Samantha Bowlin said. “She does an amazing job of balancing work and play by creating an amazing environment in Newspaper.”

Her work-hard-play-hard attitude also translates onto the court. McAllister has been playing on the varsity tennis team since she was a freshman, and by her senior year, she had won first place at the Gateway Athletic Conference and at districts. Through tennis, McAllister has been able to reach many people with her positive personality.

“Myia can make anyone laugh, and is always willing to help anyone,” sophomore Gabriella St. Jean said. “She’s been such a good friend on and off the tennis court.”

Outside of school, McAllister continues to make a difference in the world by helping to prevent fast fashion through her online store. McAllister resells clothes on her Instagram account, @myiasgasmoney. She sells everything from hoodies to casual dresses to athletic wear, all either brand new or gently used.

“Her Instagram store is very popular,” Bowlin said. “Myia has great taste in fashion and offers amazing pieces for very low prices.”

Besides all of her material accomplishments, McAllister is a great friend to everyone she meets.

“I met Myia during tennis practice and she was and still is, so incredibly sweet,” Bowlin said. “She goes out of her way to make sure everyone is happy and comfortable. Myia truly is one of the kindest and most selfless people I’ve ever met.”