The Solitaire

Marvel Media Backlash

Read Next...
Dominic Regazzi

More stories from Dominic Regazzi

Behind the Counter
April 3, 2019
Christmas Movie Bracket
December 21, 2018
Back to Article
Back to Article

Marvel Media Backlash

Disney has worked with a great deal of filmmakers while building the popular, evergrowing Marvel Cinematic Universe. One of the consistent and more well known directors was James Gunn. Gunn has directed both “Guardians of the Galaxy” films and was writing “Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3.” After a pool of inappropriate and offensive tweets from ten years ago were brought to light, Disney pulled Gunn from the project.

“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said, according to hollywoodreporter.com.

This shocked fans of the films as well as the actors. Many of the actors and actresses that worked with Gunn on the two films have stated their support for him. Dave Bautista has gone as far as openly stating his thoughts on leaving his character, Drax, behind because of these recent events.m

“It’s a bittersweet conversation,” Bautista said, according to vulture.com. “No, it’s a bitter-bitter conversation, because I’m not really happy with what they’ve done with James Gunn. They’re putting the movie off. It’s on hold indefinitely. To be honest with you, I don’t know if I want to work for Disney.”

Considering the new “Guardians of the Galaxy” film is on hold and Dave Bautista’s feelings on Disney, the future of the fan favorite superheroes is unknown. Disney is reputable for always having a plan for their Marvel films, but recent events have complicated their schedule. It is likely that the Guardians of the Galaxy will be returning, but the question remains on who will be returning with the project.

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

A Border Issue

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

The New Barbie in Town

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

Out of this World

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

A New Approach to Plastic

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

Coming to America

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

A Revolutionary Rover

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

The Attack on News

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

Checking Trump-isms

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

Viewpoint: Episode 2

• Marvel Media Backlash

News

PETA’s New Language

The student publication of Fort Zumwalt West High School
Marvel Media Backlash