The student publication of Fort Zumwalt West High School

The Solitaire

The Solitaire

The Solitaire

Pink like Nicki

Nicki Minaj collaboration with “Call of Duty”
Mike Coppola/Getty Images/TNS and Canva Pro
Nicki Minaj depicted in a pink light combat vehicle from Canva Pro to represent her new addition to “Call of Duty.”

“Call of Duty” (COD), made by Activision Blizzard, is a first-person shooter game where players can fight against other players or against code controlled robots. This game, released in 2003, won multiple game of the year awards and has since been the body of multiple sequels and expansion games. The game is also customizable via skins for weapons or players and can be purchased in bundles of these items. On Aug. 24, a new bundle reached COD and it included a collaboration with Nicki Minaj, according to britannica.com and gamerant.com.

“I am so honored. So HAPPY,” Minaj said on her X page. “It was such a pleasure working with the COD team.”

Available in “COD: Modern Warfare 2” and in “COD: Warzone,” the Nicki Minaj bundle features a character skin of Minaj herself and a collection of pink themed items. These items include two gun skins, a light combat vehicle skin, a new menu loading screen, an ice cream sticker, a new pink emblem and a finishing move. The bundle also includes a tracer pack that makes any bullets shot have a pink glow following behind them. This bundle costs 2,400 COD Points, which is around $20, according to codmwstore.com and esi.si.com.

“It’s definitely something different,” junior Cruz Heredia said. “It was kind of a surprise to all [COD players], but overall it’s pretty cool.”

COD has had many collaborations with other media franchises in the past. Some of these collaborations include Shredder from “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and Snoop Dogg, who has made collaborations twice now, according to gamerant.com.