The student publication of Fort Zumwalt West High School

The Solitaire

The Solitaire

The Solitaire

Heading Back in Time

What students are doing to get ready for homecoming
Photo by Amber Zhu
Homecoming game banner is hung up in the commons.

From the different themes and having all grade levels at the same dance, homecoming has changed a lot this year. Yet, it can still be an enjoyable night with these new modifications. Let’s take a look at how students are getting prepared for their homecoming experience.

While some people will not follow the theme, Blast From the Past, students might be more focused on getting their outfit ready for how they want it to be.

“I already bought my outfit,” junior Gavin Largen said. “I’m wearing a shirt and a suit jacket and tie.”

Bringing extra items that may come in handy throughout the dance can be a good idea. Also, students should make sure to bring a fully charged phone to take fun pictures with their friends.

“I plan to bring extra makeup, ear plugs and some comfy shoes so I don’t kill my feet,” sophomore Jencina Ross said. “I plan to bring earplugs because from past dances, I know how loud it gets and I just want to be prepared.”

While some students are worried about what they are bringing or wearing, others are preparing themselves for the experience and potentially fun memories that can be made during the dance.

“I’m excited to see how everything comes together and just seeing how everyone dresses,” senior Sofia Ignatova said. “I’m just going in a dress that makes me feel comfortable.”