The Solitaire

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

KRT WHAT'S NEXT STORY SLUGGED: NXT-QUEEREYE KRT HANDOUT PHOTOGRAPH (March 16) The Fab 5 of Bravo's

KRT

KRT WHAT'S NEXT STORY SLUGGED: NXT-QUEEREYE KRT HANDOUT PHOTOGRAPH (March 16) The Fab 5 of Bravo's "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" have written a new book. (cdm) 2004

Revamped as a Netflix original, “Queer Eye” is back and just as fabulous as ever. The show that originated on Bravo has returned and features a brand new cast of five men who journey to transform a different man’s life each episode.

The Fab Five, as they refer to themselves, take one week to make over their subjects’ fashion, interior design, food, grooming and culture, according to Netflix.com. Each episode occurs in Atlanta and is focused around a man who is usually a little lost in the realms that the Fab Five specialize in. The subject is nominated by someone close to them, then the Fab Five invade their home and personal life to get a sense of his everyday life before completely rearranging things. While they make over their subject’s life, the men of “Queer Eye” often discuss important topics with them such as police brutality and sexuality.

The show received an 8.7/10 on IMDB.

Bobby Berk is the man in charge of redesigning the subject’s home, whether it be his bedroom or the entire upper level of his home, according to IMDB.com.

Karamo Brown dedicates his time to learning about the subject’s personal life and bringing the things that matter closer to heart, like family, memories, and relationships.

Tan France is the fashion guru of the five. He takes the subject shopping for clothes that suit his style and body type, completely revamping his wardrobe and confidence.

Antoni Porowski spends the episode teaching the subject how to cook meals that hit close to home, from family recipes to meals they can cook for their friends.

Jonathon van Ness uses his grooming skills and smarts to help the subject better style his hair. He brings them to the barber shop or styles their hair himself, then reminds them the importance and simplicity in keeping up with their locks.

Progress of each man is easily seen at the end of each episode as The Fab Five watch the subject one last time on a big screen from their own room. The show overall ends on a bright note each episode, leaving the subject with a new outlook and direction in life, all thanks to the “Queer Eye”.

“Come for the serial reveals, stay for the life lessons (Don’t judge a book by its cover. Pick up your room.),” LA Times TV critic Robert Lloyd wrote. “Or come for the lessons and stay for the reveals. It works either way.”

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

Steve Perry Comeback

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

Celebrities Helping the Environment

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

Uplifting Playlist

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Review

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

Summer Concerts

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

100 years of film

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

How to write a book

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

Application of imagination

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

Which original Star War theories were correct?

• Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

Entertainment

Problems with IPhones

The student publication of Fort Zumwalt West High School
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy